THE COMPLEX OF RANKA MANOR
First written information about Ranka are saved since 1528, when archbishop of Riga gave it to his councilor Rozen. During the Polish times, the manor house had several tenants, in 1670 it was given from the Swedish queen to artillery colonel, councilor, later Strel fon Holstein, but later his son sold it. From mid 18th century to 19th century 30ths Ranka manor had sevveral tenants, til in 1836, when stuck in debts, baron Meiendorf bought it, who lived here til Latvia’s Republic’s land reform 20th century 20ths beginning. Manor houses’ land and buildings were split to local associations, but the castle and it’s surrounding buildings were given to the agricultural school of Ranka.
Since 2002 the owners of the complex of Ranka manor are Andis and Gunita. By these years huge work is invested to restore the complex of Ranka manor and create it a clean and organized environment. Right now renovations are given to Ranka manor buildings. Possible, that in the future the complex of Ranka manor will have an extensive application, which will be able to give local people extra work places and Ranka manor will be one of the most visited tourism targets in this region.