Current Ranka manor centre formation, persumably, started after 1724, manor living building built around mid 18th century and later expanded. More rebuildings took place in 1836 to 1866, when castle’s interior, fascades and indoor was designed classic style. After World war II the castle was left as ruins, and given to agricultural school, which tried to restore the building, but in 1986 and 1990 in two fires the building was destroyed. Devastations of the fire local inhabitants used as “cheap building material”, making it a heap of ruins. Partly preserved servant houses, stalls, granaries, gardener house, “Brūzis”, and other buildings.
First written information about Ranka are saved since 1528, when archbishop of Riga gave it to his councilor Rozen. During the Polish times, the manor house had several tenants, in 1670 it was given from the Swedish queen to artillery colonel, councilor, later Strel fon Holstein, but later his son sold it. From mid 18th century to 19th century 30ths Ranka manor had several tenants, til in 1836, when stuck in debts, baron Meiendorf bought it, who lived here til Latvia’s Republic’s land reform 20th century 20ths beginning. Manor houses’ land and buildings were split to local associations, but the castle and it’s surrounding buildings were given to the agricultural school of Ranka.
On June 18th 923 Ranka home economics school was founded. The purpose of establishing – to promote and elevate the rural culture. It’s located in Ranka manor castle house. School opens and maintains a Latvian construction of small households Promotion Society and Ranka Agricultural Society of mutual contract basis. First year 40 schoolgirls joined. 1924/25th school year, the school moves completely to Latvian Society for promoting ownership and maintenance. The status of school worsens. The first graduation is held in 1925. The school changes schedules and curriculum. Made alterations and repairs: organized basement, installed water supply and sewerage, teaching kitchen, handicraft classes, livestock and dairy laboratory, barns for cows and horses, installed artificial grass, advanced meadow, park improvement works. In rural areas of the school are purebred plants. During World war II German infirmary was installed in the school. Learning resumed in autumn, 1944. Over time, school changes names, in 1962 it was called 29th vocational school, in 1963 – 29th City Professional Technical school. On 1st September 1975 the school is transformed to 13th Rural Professional Technical high school. In 1984 the school name was 63rd Professional Technical high school, in 1989 – Ranka agricultural school, since 1st January 1999 renamed Ranka Vocational School. (www.zudusilatvija.lv)
National Architectural Monument, Ranka manor house or castle was built in mid 18th century, but later rebuilt several times. From the mid 18th century to 19th century 30ths, Ranka manor had several tenants until 1836 baron Meiendorf bought it. He lived here until Latvia’s Republic’s agrarian reform in 1920.
From 1836 to 1866 restorations were made. Facades and interior were designed in classic style. After 1920 manor land and buildings were given to local societies, but the castle with surrounding buildings and land was given to Ranka agricultural school, which tried to restore the building. After two fires the castle was destroyed. Ruins of the castle have survived to the present day. (www.zudusilatvija.lv)